Valéry Ridde and several collaborators of the Chair REALISME, researchers and students, presented some of their work at the Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (HSR2016) held in Vancouver from November 14th to November 18th, 2016. All our collaborators presentations are available hereunder. (more…)
You do not know the Chair REALISM? This short infographic summarizes the research objectives of the Chair, its interests, its projects and partners, and summarizes its productions in figures. You can download the infographic by clicking on the image.
Chair REALISM is ….
The knowledge synthesis project on urban health interventions for prevention and control of vector diseases and other infectious diseases in the context of poverty has obtained ethical approval. We invite you to share with us your expertise. This project, funded by the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR) of the World Health Organization, enabled the establishment of an international research consortium spread between Canada , Colombia, Brazil, Burkina Faso and France.
Authors are responsible for the scientific quality of their research. The role of the editorial board is to assess the overall quality of the manuscript submitted, and in particular, the clarity of the objective, the logical coherence, the quality of language, and the adherence to ethical procedures. Members of the board may call upon one or more external reviewers.
When reading the manuscripts, reviewers should respond to the following questions:
For all manuscripts:
- Is the message of the proposed publication clear and explicit? YES / NO
- Are the arguments coherent? YES / NO
- Is the manuscript intelligibly written and does it respect the standards of the language used? YES / NO
In addition to the preceding questions, for manuscripts on scientific research:
- Is there a specific/explicit objective or research question? YES / NO
- Do the data presented satisfy the objective? YES / NO
- Was the study approved by an ethics committee? YES / NO
- Do you recommend publication of the manuscrit? YES without modifications / YES with modifications / NO
- If YES with modifications: what points should the author(s) improve, given the above-mentioned evaluation questions?
Manuscripts will be accepted or rejected based on the reviewers’ feedback.
- Word limit: There is no limit, but authors are encouraged to keep their manuscript within a reasonable word count and to be concise.
- Reference format: Authors should use reference management software (e.g. Zotero) and organize their references according to the American Psychological Association (6th Edition).
- Open review process: Authors are encouraged to thank reviewers in the final manuscript.
- Publication process: Authors are responsible for formatting their manuscript according to the collection’s template.
- The following statement must appear in every manuscript: “The authors are entirely responsible for the scientific quality of the research presented in this publication.”
- Pre-evaluation: Authors seeking publication in the collection must first submit an abstract. The editorial board will review the abstract within one week. Authors whose abstracts are positively reviewed will then be invited to submit their manuscript.
- Manuscript review time frame: The committee will review the manuscript within a maximum of one month after it is received.
- Manuscript formatting time frame: The final formatted version will be made available on the Papers website as soon as the final manuscript is submitted.